Situated on Trang's largest island - Libong, also home to the dugongs (sea cows). Our resort is encased around natural beauty. Fan / Aircon Deluxe Beach Bungalows, WiFi internet service, eco-tours, kayaking, mountain trekking and cycling, sea-gypsy village exploration and lots of fun activities await you.
Important advice re: how to find Libong Nature Beach Resort @ Libong Island
1. From Trang Town, take a public van to Haadyao (60 Baht / pax)
2. When paying van to Haadyao, tell you want to be dropped at Haadyao Nature Resort.
3. Insist you be let off at Haadyao Nature Resort and not be sent somewhere else.
4. Tell the Resident Manager of Haadyao Nature Resort for all arrangements. (booking office of Libong Nature Beach Resort).
5. Beware of unscrupulous touts distracting you somewhere else and claiming to be part of us. We are a non-profit setup that supports Nature Conservation & Local Welfare activities from our income. We are the Pilot Site chosen by the Thai-Swedish Sustainable Tourism Project. Say "Yes" to Eco-friendly practices by patronising us. Thank you. NB. If you are tricked to go direct to Libong Island by public boat, make sure your changeover to take a motorbike at the pier takes you to "Nature Resort" (in short) and INSIST on being dropped at Libong Nature Beach Resort and not somewhere else.
This island is governed by the Libong Wildlife Sanctuary. Libong Island lies opposite Chao Mai / Yao Beach village and has the largest island community, with some 3000 residents. Libong has intact coral reefs for snorkeling, a bird sanctuary and is the best place in Thailand to see the endangered dugong. The island is a good place for those keen on studying nature, muddy forest ecology and sea grass.
There are three villages on the island namely "Ban Prow" village where the longtail ferry point is located, most of the houses are elevated above the muddy mangrove forests. The main occupation here is raising fish in floating fish farms.
The next village "Na Barn" (which means front house) is the largest of the three and boasts a long concrete pier for the fishermen, here they catch crabs and shellfish (Hoi Sharktin), along the coast of this village is where the seagrass is most abundant and is where the dugongs reside.
The final destination is "Lang Kow" village - translation means 'behind the mountain' which is true, this is where most of Libong's beautiful beaches can be found, and it is the home to most of the off-shore fishermen, and also our home as well. Here you can see local fishermen making squid (calamari) traps, mending nets, repairing boats etc.
While 30% of the locals are out catching fish, the remaining 70% tap rubber for a living. You can see them making rubber sheets when you walk around in the villages.